Sunday, August 03, 2008

But it's a DRY Pizza-Oven Heat

The Smiths are having a lovely summer, albeit a hot one. My diva car said 112 degrees Saturday, and I scoffed, until I watched the local news and it said it had actually reached 127 degrees that afternoon at 4:23.

Still, we are having a fun-tastic summer. We spent four days in San Antonio going around and around various "lazy rivers" at Schlitterbahn, SeaWorld, and the Hyatt.

There was the event at the family lakehouse remembering my grandmother who passed away four years ago.

The party was put on by my Aunt Randy (with Uncle John and Cousin Jared).

My grandfather felt like dancing.

Kaileigh, who held down two jobs this summer and went to Central America and helped build a house for a family in need, had a roller skating incident and broke her elbow.

Stacy and his family were in town this weekend to visit. That's Stacy and my nephew Ryan, seen here with Albert Einstein, who we defrosted for the event.

And the girls decided to become superheroes. Pajama-clad, snowflake caped, hair-braided, tongue-wagging wonder twins. Whose super-powers seem to consist of going around and around a lazy river.

No comments: