Monday, November 16, 2015

My Lovely Wife

Jill pulled off the perfect surprise party for my 50th birthday this past Saturday.  I was blown away!  Both by the scope of her plans and the scale of the party.   People came from near and far. 

I have no sarcastic, dismissive comments here.  They will return.

I was (and continue to be) truly touched by the gathering.

I will add in here an ad.  Twenty-two years ago I placed a personal ad in the Houston Press that Jill answered.  As part of her massive clandestine "Operation Surprise 50th," she hunted down a copy of said ad.  This was much harder than one would imagine, since not only is there no such thing as printed personal ads anymore, the Houston Press people didn't even remember that they use to have them!  She was sent to their archivist, who was able to find an old dusty copy and sent her this:



[It's the "Clever Headline" one, not the "Cowboys Fan?", BTW]

Jill rocks.

Note: neither one of us kept a copy of the actual paper.  I don't think I ever read the ad titled "New and Improved."  I hope he found someone.  That guy was either a drug salesman or had a good sense of humor.

No comments: