Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Finally Remembered my Password!

So, my last blog entry was November 4, 2016.  All six of you may have wondered why it has been so long since my last entry.  At least some of these are true:

1) I forgot my password.  Blogger kept logging me out after five tries, and made me wait 24 hours to try again.  I was way too clever, what with "passwOrd1234".  I never could remember which letter was capitalized.

2) Life has been busy.  Kids are in high school. I started teaching a new class at the graduate school of social work.  My macramé sculpture project of President Warren G. Harding takes up most of my weekends.  I've been cycling too damn much. 

3) Totally mis-understood the whole Mayan end-of-the-world thing, and kinda expected flaming apocalypse on March 17th.  Happy to be wrong about that one!

4) The actual flaming apocalypse that begun on November 8th (four days after my last blog entry) that redefined "funny". 

Pre-election funny: "Look at that cat.  It's wearing a tiny hat.  Cats don't wear tiny hats!"

Post-election funny: "The planet is spiraling toward destruction; a foreign government has infiltrated our government; our "leader" is an egotistical, sexually predatory, incurious, belligerent, narcissistic, idiotic ass clown; all of the hard-fought progressive progress is being quickly stripped away.  But look at that cat with a tiny hat being deported.  He must have been Siamese."

5) A long, slow cognitive decline of unknown origin.  Unknown, that is, until I known.  I actually figured this one out.  The free AARP membership cards that keep showing up in my mailbox like evil fucking talismans (talismani?) are made entirely out of mercury.  Once I stopped burning them, my brain got goodly again.

6) Contractual dispute.  Not to bore you, but it had to do with movie rights, payment terms, and the like.  Finally got things worked out with Netflix and I'm all good to go.

And there you have it.

No comments: